Grilling food and having bar-b-q parties is a major trend all over the world. Who doesn’t like a sizzling steak meal with juicy meat thoroughly cooked and seared just right? That is the beauty of grilled food, which the Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill brings to you in your very own kitchen.
You might wonder how grilling indoors might work, or whether it will create any problems. Well, if you didn’t know, there are many parts of the world that are covered with snow during this time, and the temperature is so cold that it is impossible to head outdoors to grill food or have bar-b-qued food. It is during such cases that you find the Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill to be such a product that is both a lifesaver and also one that will allow you to grill delicious food right at the comfort of your own home!
So, if you are super excited by now, and want to know more about the Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill, then read this review as we list everything there is to know about this grill. We are sure that you won’t be disappointed, and after learning all about it, we can guarantee that you will set your mind up for such a good quality electric indoor grill.
Features of the product
Here we have listed all the specifications of the Zojirushi Indoor electric grill, which will be further discussed in
- Comes with a Non-Stick Grill plate and other body made of Stainless steel body
- Dual-layer titanium and ceramic non-stick coating
- Designed in a way to direct oils away from the surface for healthy cooking
- The heating element is of 120 V, 1500 W
- Heating elements include safety precautionary measures
- The Heat range is: 176(min) –410°F(max)
- The range of the Grilling surface is: 14.9 x 10.6 in (37.8 x 26.9 cm)
- Total dimensions of the entire grill is: 20.75 x 14.1 x 3.6 in (52.7 x 35.8 x 9.1 cm)
- Also includes: an instruction manual in English and French
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
1. Stainless steel body and Non-stick grill plate- How many grills have you seen with these many features? A grill that allows you to cook in the comfort of our own kitchen or indoor space, definitely makes it special. What makes it even more special is the way the Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill is designed to cook your meat in just the right way!
While the size of the grilling pan will make your heart leap with joy, wait till you see that the entire body is made with stainless steel! Now you can use them as many times as you need to, and wash them without any worry for them getting rusty! Best of all, you also don’t need to worry about getting your meat stuck to the grilling pan.
The entire grilling pan is coated with high-quality non-stick material made by combining titanium and ceramic, which makes it extremely easy to wash and clean it after use since food debris is less likely to stick to the pan later on. The stainless steel combined with the non-stick coating gives the grill a modern and chic look and feel!
2. The grill is designed keeping safety as a priority- The grill is manufactured in such a way that it keeps your safety as the priority so you can cook without taking any extra worries at all. The grill needs to be set up properly before it starts working. If not, then the temperature control plug won’t work unless the drip tray and the grill plate are not is placed correctly.
This is done as a safety measure so that it doesn’t heat up unnecessarily or when you are not ready for cooking. Other than that, the heating control can also be separated from the main base, and so you can easily clean up amongst all the nooks and crannies, just when you need to. So, it will only work when you have set the grill properly and are absolutely sure that you want to work on it.
Apart from that, don’t forget that this grill also comes with heat resistant grill handles so that you are extra safe should you hold on to them for support anytime during cooking.
You’ll also be happy to learn that other than the heating control, all the other the separate parts of this grill, which includes base, a drip tray, grill plate, and a temperature control plug, are all really easy to detach and disassemble, which makes it super easy to clean up the greasy mess after you’re done cooking. A simple word of advice would be to remove the temperature control plug before removing the grill plate.
3. A large and spacious grilling surface- it is quite rare to see grilling pans that have a large surface area so you can cook a lot of food at the same time. But, you won’t be disappointed to see that the Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill actually gives you that large surface so you can work on quite a lot of food at the same time.
With a spacious grill plate, it offers approximately 14-7/8″ x 10-5/8″ grilling surface, so you can cook faster than ever. Don’t you agree that it saves you a lot of cooking time? And also, it heats up pretty fast, so you can get out of your kitchen and enjoy your meal sooner!
You might even disagree to say that this isn’t the largest grilling pan you’ve seen so far, and we absolutely agree. However, you must realize that you can actually prepare meals for at least 3-4 people at a time, which is a big plus for a grill! After all, you wouldn’t want to be standing for hours to prepare your favorite steak, and at least now you can eat it hot too!
And lastly, let’s not forget the glorious non-stick surface. You would be thanking the makers for this one. Because of the non-stick surface, your life has become so much easier which we have already discussed previously in this article.
4. The Zojirushi Indoor Grill comes with a built-in heating element- The grill comes with a cleverly placed heating element which also considers your safety in the kitchen. While it gets unbelievably hot, you can still rest assured that they have kept your safety at the forefront!
The heating element is of 1500 watts, so you can only imagine how much power this device uses. It’s no wonder that it gets extremely hot in such a short time span of about only a matter of 6- 10 minutes! In fact, it is so hot, that it can also sear right through your meat, thus, giving it that beautiful appearance of grilled meat.
The fun part is that it comes in three amazing settings, so, if you don’t like the high heat setting, then you can always choose from any of either three settings, which includes: low, medium and high settings. at the highest setting, the maximum temperature that you can reach is 410degrees and now you know how that is hot enough to sear your meat.
The lowest setting, on the other hand, is 176 degrees, and for all 3 settings, the grilling pan can actually heat up at a very fast rate! To make sure that you know when the pan is fully heated, there is a separate indicator, which is the Operation Light that will simply turn off once the preheating is done as a way of indicating when to start cooking.
5. The grill comes with a unique design- if you want to look further into the various features of the Zojirushi Indoor Electric Grill, then you will notice how carefully this entire grill was thought out and actually put together.
The Japanese are very careful about what they eat, so healthy food is a very important part of their culture. If you look closely, you will find that this grill comes with a separate grilling surface that allows for any excess fats, oils or grease to drain away from the meat that you grill. Although the entire setup lacks a lid or cover of any sort, you can rest assured that the smoke produced will be minimal.
An important fact to remember is that there might be a considerable amount of smoke and even some odor when you use this grill for the first time. However, that is expected so there is nothing to worry about if you see a little smoke.
6. Simple cleaning tips and clear instructions- The Zojirushi Indoor Electric Grill comes with a very simple and easy to understand user manual. Simply follow the instructions on the manual about setting up, operating, and also cleaning, and you will find that this grill is easier to sue that you have actually imagined it to be.
For cleaning properly and to ensure that no food debris is left behind when you wash it, all you have to do is, first of all, wipe the nonstick coating on the grilling part with a soft cloth or paper to remove the grease and oil. Make sure to do this while the grill is still warm, so in that way, you can make sure that all the grease will come off easily. Always make sure to not leave any food behind after cooking, as it will harden once it starts to cool. After that, simply wash off or clean the rest as it is instructed in the manual or instructions book.
- It can get extremely hot very fast, and so you can cook fast on it
- The pan is large enough to cook meals for a family of four at one go
- Cooks the meat thoroughly and even sears through it
- Only takes about 8-10 minutes to heat up perfectly
- The heat spreads evenly throughout the entire pan
- It comes with 1500 watt high powered heating element and so heats up real fast
- It is really easy to clean if you use brush or sponge that is used for grills only
- Comes with cool-touch handles for extra safety
- The cooking pan or surface is non-stick so your meat won’t stick to it when cooking and also it can be cleaned easily
- You can also disassemble it for rinsing and cleaning it better
- Cook healthier food since the grilling is designed in a way to move all the excess grease and oil away from your food
- Suitable for most types of grilling so you can cook meat as well as fish and also vegetables
- This grill comes with a 1-year limited warranty
- The different parts of this grill are made of stainless steel so it won’t rust even after repeated usage
- This indoor grill is made with an open design which makes it very easy to use and you can constantly check on the food since it has no hassle of constantly removing a lid or cover
- The nonstick layer comes off in some of these pans
- The grill never gets hot enough to allow for cooking meat
- Takes 10 minutes to heat in high heat setting, before you can actually use the grill to cook
- Causes a lot of smoke although it claims to be smoke-free
- It gets an extremely hot and so dries out the meat when cooked
- Only a 30-day return policy
- Can’t wash the grill plate or put it in the dishwasher, and so it’s extremely difficult to clean properly
- The Zojirushi indoor grill has a lot of oil splatter and mess, so you stay prepared to clean up after every use.
- It doesn’t come with a lot of parts that can be put into the dishwasher, which makes cleaning up a tedious job
Q1. Can the grilling pan be disconnected from the base (for cleaning)and can it be cleaned in dishwater?
A1: Yes, you can disconnect the metal grilling pan from the plastic base, together with the plug-in in order to clean. As for washing them in the dishwasher, it would actually be better to hand wash them since it wouldn’t be wise to let the heating element get in contact with water.
Q 2: Is the cooking surface non-stick aluminum or is it ceramic?
A 2: the cooking surface is nonstick, not ceramic. it is also titanium coated so will last a very long time.
Now that you know all about the Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric grill from this review, hopefully, you will see what changes this grill will bring into your kitchen. With an amazing cooking temperature and safety features, bring home any grilled dish with the help of the Zojirushi indoor grill. Why wait when you can do so much with this grill? So go right ahead and get the Zojirushi Indoor electric grill today!